Minerals and Trace Elements
Power up your body with a powerhouse of daily vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and nutrients.
Sea vegetables provide all 56 minerals and trace elements required to your body in quantities that greatly exceed those even found in land plants. For example:
- About 1/3 cup (1/4 oz.) serving of Dulse or Kelp gives you up to 4 times the amount of iron in spinach, and more than kidney beans, apricots, and peas.
- The same size serving of Alaria gives you more calcium than ½ cup boiled kale or bok-choy.
- Magnesium is twice as abundant in Kelp and Alaria than in collard greens, and exceeds even walnuts, bananas, potatoes, oatmeal, and sockeye salmon.
Unlike most multi-vitamins, these essential nutrients from sea veggies are bio-available to your body in an optimal chelated form so your body easily absorbs and utilizes them.
Seaweeds are nature’s secret for a long and healthy life so adding to your daily routine will boost energy, immunity and load you up with all the essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants you need.
- Sea Vegetables also provide pre-biotics and fibre which are great for digestion.
- They help to alkaline your pH balance which is crucial for disease prevention, immunity and well being.
- They are excellent source of Iodine that provides your thyroid the power it needs to rev up your metabolism and boost weight management.
- Alginic acid in kelp has been shown to be an important detoxifier for radioactive isotopes and heavy metals.
- Contain Chromium that works with insulin to help regulate your blood sugar levels.
- Sea veggies contribute all those minerals, vitamins, and trace elements needed for the optimum utilization of OMEGA 3’s and OMEGA 6’s from vitamins, minerals and trace elements needed to optimally absorb them but fat and cholesterol free.
- Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium for healthy hair, skin, nails and heart protection.
- Anti-cancer, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties from fucoidans (sulfated polysaccharides) and carotenoids, flavonoids and alkaloid antioxidants.
- Great salt substitute with benefits! Sea vegetables provide bio-available, essential sodium balanced with potassium (as well as with calcium and magnesium) at relatively low levels per serving. For instance, Dulse contains less sodium per serving than one slice of most commercial breads and one half to one third the sodium in one cup of cooked beet greens. Kelp has 1/3 as much sodium, Alaria ¼, Dulse 1/8 and Nori 1/9 as 1/2 tsp. table salt!
- Extra energy from loads of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B6, B12, Iron, Zinc and Vitamin A
- Protein! The protein content of sea vegetables can range up to 28%. The amino acid composition is well balanced and contains all or most of the essential amino acids. As a result, sea veggies provide a higher quality protein than certain grains and beans that are lacking one or two essential amino acids. One of the more important amino acids found especially in kelp is glutamic acid; which helps improve mental and nervous system activity, provides energy and even helps with sugar cravings.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.